воскресенье, 25 октября 2020 г.

 Hello, it's Andrey and this is my first big study essay. When my teacher gave to me this exercise, I could not decide what to write about for a long time. I spent some time in the park and thought about topics that I could write about. I can write about my work or, for example, about current quarantine and how it changes my life. But, after long thoughts, I decided to tell the story about myself and music and how music influenced me.

As I remember, I always loved music. When I was a child, I listened to any kind of music on the radio. Especially I preferred songs with an orchestral arrangement. It seems like looks a little strange for the child, I suppose.

When I was 14, I met something so amazing and stunning, that I am still impressed. I heard rock music. I still remember what it was - an album called "Love at first sting" by German band Scorpions. A solid wall of sound fell on me. I was impressed by the sound of instruments, and power of voice. All of that changed my life forever. 

After Scorpions, I started to listen to all that I could get. And, one day, one of my friends brought me a cassette with Metallica on the one side and Helloween on the another. Along with the cassette was the sheet of paper with all lyrics of the all songs in this cassette! I listened to this cassette again and again and read verses with a dictionary. I always wanted to know, what these harsh guys sang about. I tried to understand.  And know what? Heretofore, I was a teenager with all teenagers problems and questions. I thought that I was alone and one against the whole cruel world of adults. But when I read and understood the lyrics, I realized, how sang John Lennon, "I am not the only one".  It was unbelievable. From this moment the lyrics as important for me, as the music itself. Of course, lyrics of the Russian rock bands were easier to understand, but not always clearer.

I continued to listen to music and read the lyrics up to this day.

And I am still impressed by the images that are drawn by my imagination under influence of music and lyrics.

Under the impact of my favourite musicians, such as Cliff Burton, Kai Hansen, James Hetfield, I started to learn to play guitar and bass guitar. I like the bass guitar sound, so low and powerful. It seems like meditation for me, when I play alone. But when I play bass in a band with my friends, it looks like a high energy blast of power. It helps me to be more open, friendly and sociable. I can talk with all people at the same time with the help of my bass. Awesome!

And one more thing I would like to tell about - concerts. Any kind of concerts. The big show of rock stars or small jam in the pub with a couple of friends. Anytime, any concert - joyful occasion for me.

I clearly remembered my favourite Metallica's show in Moscow. It was in 2007 in Louzhniki. Just imaging - more than 50000 people singing with the band like a single whole. Unforgettable feelings, really.

And I remember just as well, how I came to the next-door pub, took the guitar and started play and sing the songs. It was very scary at first. But then people started to sing with me and it was unexpected and amazing. I liked it so much and continue to do this as often as possible.

That is all that I wanted to tell. Maybe my story looks confusing and inconsistent. Sorry and thank you for your reading.


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий

Примечание. Отправлять комментарии могут только участники этого блога.